Sunday 30 November 2014

Citadel Foundation Paints





It's been at least a couple of years now since GW got rid of their Citadel range of 'foundation' paints. Personally I was always fond of them as I think you give a very nice base layer that you can then do other stuff with. My stocks of most of the ones I've been using have now hit a critical point.

For most things nowadays I have moved over to Coat d'arms paints but I havn't found a good substitute for the foundations. So, inspired by some recent E-bay activity of my good lady, I decided to try there. I found a complete set; but it was in Australia and I'd prefer not to fly stuff half way round the world so I passed on that.

Then I tried Amazon and rather to my surprise was able to pick up a pretty good haul (see above) just from a simple order. They were more expensive (I recall about £4.50 a pot) but worth it at least for me. Should keep me in foundations paints at least for a while yet.

In the meantime if anyone knows where to get some Calthan Brown or Necrite Red or indeed more generally a good replacement for the foundation paints I'd be very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment